Information for Buyers
THREE STAGES IN A BUYER'S PROCESS
This information is provided as a general guide for the processes in buying an existing business. The steps indicated are placed in a chronological order to indicate procedures that should be completed prior to closing and taking over ownership. Some of the steps are required by law. The list is not all inclusive and other steps may be necessary.
- Stage 1 (Part 1) - Finding and Valuing a Business
- Stage 1 (Part 2) - The Offering
- Stage 1 (Part 3) - The Due Diligence Process
- Stage 2 - Financing and Lease Proposals
- Stage 3 (Part 1) - Operational Licenses and Requirements
- Stage 3 (Part 2) - Seller Closing Actions
- Stage 3 (Part 3) - Buyer and Seller Closing Checklist
SMALL BUSINESS LOANS THROUGH SBA LENDING
Most small businesses rely on lenders to provide the capital they need to either open a business or to finance capital improvements. Visit the U.S. Small Business Administration for detailed information on the steps involved in SBA lending and the types of loan programs that are available.
To read archived articles that may be of interest to you, and for information about the Boise Valley and the State of Idaho, please visit our Local Links page.